- 1 tbsp ground star anise
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1kg 100% NZ pork belly
- 2 tbsp hoison sauce
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- Place the star anise, sweet chilli sauce, chilli flakes and soy sauce together in a plastic bag. Add the pork and marinate overnight.
- Remove pork from marinade and place on a rack in a baking dish.
- Place in an oven preheated to 170°C for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the hoison sauce and red colouring together and brush over pork.
- Continue cooking for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with steamed rice and Asian green vegetables such as Bok Choy.
|Preparation: 5 – 10 mins||Cooking time: 60 mins||Serves: 6 – 8|
The recipe is kindly brought to you by our friends at New Zealand Pork- pork.co.nz