- 500g Quality Mark lamb steaks
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemon or plain thyme
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup currants
- Grated rind 1 lemon
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2-3 handfuls rocket or watercress leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Combine the lemon pepper seasoning, thyme, olive oil, cider vinegar and green peppercorns in a sealable bag or lasagne-style dish. Add the lamb steaks, toss to coat, cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Alternatively, refrigerate overnight.
Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick pan and cook the steaks on a high heat for 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, cook the steaks on a moderately hot BBQ plate. Rest, before serving with the couscous salad.
For the Couscous Salad
In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to the boil with the oil and salt. Stir in the couscous, turn off the heat, cover and leave for 2 minutes. Add the butter and stir with a fork to separate the couscous. Cool.
Toss through the currants, lemon rind, yellow pepper, rocket or watercress and chopped parsley. Shake the dressing ingredients together in a screw top jar and toss through the couscous. Serve with the lamb.