- 500g Quality Mark beef mince
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Tomato sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1½ – 2 cups Campbell’s Real Stock - Vegetable
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley leaves
Lightly oil a deep baking dish or skillet (one that will fit 8 meatballs comfortably in a single layer). Mix all meatball ingredients together well, then shape into 8 meatballs and place in prepared baking dish.
Place a dash of oil in a heavybased saucepan, over a low heat, and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, sugar, bay leaf and season well. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow all the flavours to mingle and the liquid to reduce a little. Remove from the heat, cool for about 5 minutes, remove the bay leaf, then process in a food processor until you have a smooth sauce.
Pour sauce over the meatballs and cook in oven for 25 minutes turning meatballs once after 15 minutes.
Serve hot sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.