- 2.25kg boneless 100% NZ pork loin, skin on
- 1x large clove garlic – crushed
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2x carrots – diced
- 2x red onions – diced
- 2x sticks celery – diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Trim off excess fat from underside of pork, leaving skin intact.
- Use a sharp knife to score pork rind.
- Rub liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, coating surface thickly.
- Sprinkle vegetables and fresh herbs around roasting tray, sit oiled and salted pork on the vegetables and fresh herbs.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, reduce temperature to 180℃ and cook 1 hour 20 minutes until pork is cooked to your liking.
- Increase the oven temperature to 210℃ and cook for a further 10 – 15 minutes.
- Pork skin should be nicely crackled, remove from oven and set pork aside in a warm place to rest for a further 15 minutes.
- Slice pork through the crackling and arrange on serving platter, served with freshly blanched snow peas for colour.
- Use the pan juices as a base for the gravy and serve with warm apple sauce.
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking time: 150 mins
From our friends at pork.co.nz